Temperate Pinguicula (Part 1 )

Hello everybody,

Here a quick overview of the few species which have flowered for me this year (besides the P.corsica variants which will follow in a seperate post :lol: ):

Right in the beginning some rough and quickly made pics of one that desperately needs an identity:

unknownping3.jpg

unknownping4.jpgunknownping2.jpg

unknownping1.jpg

Of what I remember it shoud be either:

P.spec. "Abruzzen" (similar to P.vulgaris)

P.vulgaris f. bicolor

P.bohemica (similar or the same like P.vulgaris f. bicolor)

P.vulgaris "Giant" (the plant might be too young to tell if it's a Giant...)

Probably the latest?

Maybe anyone can help?

P.mundii:

P-2.jpg

P-1.jpg

P.jpg

P.grandiflora ssp. grandiflora (they rule my gardenbog :D ):

gran10.jpg

gran9.jpg

gran8.jpg

gran7.jpg

gran6.jpg

gran5.jpg

gran4.jpg

gran2.jpg

gran1.jpg

gran3.jpg

gran11.jpg

gran12.jpg

P.leptoceras {Col de Tende, France}:

DSCF3730.jpg

Unfortunetely my P.vulgaris have not opened their flowers yet :lol:

Greetings,

Valentin

Dear Valentin,

I will answer your private mail you sent me.

You have wonderfull plants !

Some indentifications : your P.leptoceras {Col de Tende, France} is clearly not this species (I visited the location). This is for me a P. grandiflora (or a crossing with P. vulgaris (P. x scullyi) depending on the angle of the corolla. (I think of this last identification)

P. leptoceras from Tende

P_leptoceras3(LR).jpg

The first plant is for me a P. poldinii or maybe more a crossing with P. fiorii and clearly not P. bohemica or P. vulgaris f. bicolor or P. vulgaris even giant. P. poldinii can turn red under good light. Did you see this on yourt plant ?

Hello,

Thanks for the answers!

Some indentifications : your P.leptoceras {Col de Tende, France} is clearly not this species (I visited the location). This is for me a P. grandiflora (or a crossing with P. vulgaris (P. x scullyi) depending on the angle of the corolla.

:lol: These are no good news as I have plently of P.grandiflora but only this "P.leptoceras". It would be nice if it was P. x scullyi but Im quite sure it might be P.grandiflora ssp. grandiflora if I look at the time the flower emerged... :?

The first plant is for me a P. poldinii or maybe more a crossing with P. fiorii and clearly not P. bohemica or P. vulgaris f. bicolor or P. vulgaris even giant. P. poldinii can turn red under good light. Did you see this on yourt plant ?

Hmm, well it could be a P.poldinii as I had a little plantlet of this species last year but I thought I lost it :lol:

Therefore I also couldn't see any reddish leaf colouration as it is one of the plants that don't have labels anymore and got mixed up :? I will get it into a bit more full sun and watch the results :shock:

And if it's not P.poldinii couldn't it very well be P.spec. "Abbruzzen"? A plant that's looks a bit like P.vulgaris but isn't ?

Thanks in advanca also for your Mail :shock: ,

Valentin

Hello Valentin,

nice plants and photos. I especially like your P. grandiflora bog. I would love to see an overview of the whole bog as I'm going to build something like this and need some inspiration.

I also noticed that the flower of P. leptoceras looks close to P. grandiflora.

(Kann ich die jetzt wieder umtauschen??) ;-) ;-)

The first plant does not look like P. poldinii for me in any respect. I also would guess that it is P. spec. Abbruzzen/P. vallis-regiae. I also got this species from Stefan and the leaves look similar. Unfortunately no flower, yet.

Cheers,

Markus

Hallo Markus,

Du kannst nur umtauschen, wenn du sie ganz exakt bestimmst, ich will sicher sein :D

The bog is not a P.grandiflora bog, it was meant to be a bog for Sarracenia and Drosera in particular :D but it tourned out to be too shady, especially since the cherry tree and the hedge became large :? Also it was a bit dry... Therefore the P.grandiflora decided to invade everything and is now the primary species :D

Greetings,

Valentin